Things to Do During the Winter in Cumberland Valley
Don't stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best outdoor attractions, performing arts venues and shopping hotspots that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing, ice skating or hiking at our scenic parks.
- Cross-country ski or ice skate on Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
Head indoors this winter and enjoy a musical performance, speaker, film or children's performance at performing arts venues in Cumberland Valley.
- The Playhouse at Allenberry, Oyster Mill Playhouse, and Little Theatre of Mechanicsburg provide quality live theatre and have been entertaining guests for over 40 years.
- The historic Carlisle Theatre hosts musical acts, live theatrical productions, and independent, foreign, first-run and award-winning films.
If you want to spend some time outside, but aren't interested in winter sports, Downtown Carlisle hosts a number of events during the winter months including Wonderland Weekend (first weekend in December), First Night Carlisle on New Year's Eve, and Ice Art Fest in February. Stroll around town and participate in a number of fun activities during these family-friendly events.
The Valley's assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make shopping easy and fun.
- Search for a treasure along the Cumberland Valley Antiques & Vintage Trail.
Plan to make a winter getaway out of the suggestions listed above. Our lodging choices range from downtown hotels to charming bed and breakfasts. Find all your lodging options. Also plan for a cozy meal or two with the collection of eclectic dining choices throughout Cumberland Valley.
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Appalachian Trail
- Bike Routes
- Bird Watching
- Colonel Denning State Park
- Conodoguinet Creek Water Trail
- Disc Golf
- Guided Tours
- Hiking & Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Hunting & ATVs
- Kings Gap
- Nature Explorer
- Parks & Wildlife Area
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- Susquehanna River
- Yellow Breeches Creek Water Trail
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?