Things to Do During the Winter in Cumberland Valley
Don't stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best outdoor attractions, performing arts venues and holiday shopping hotspots that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing, ice skating or hiking at our scenic parks.
- Cross-country ski or enjoy ice-skating at Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
- Kings Gap Environmental & Education Center offers special programming and hikes throughout the winter months.
- Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
- Throughout the winter months, Roundtop Mountain Resort offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
- Take the family for an afternoon of ice skating at Twin Ponds Family Recreation Center West.
Head indoors this winter and enjoy a musical performance, speaker, film or children's performance at the assortment of performing arts venues in the Valley.
- View a list of upcoming Holiday Performances this season here.
The Valley's assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make seasonal shopping easy for everyone on your list.
- Browse for a one-of-a-kind gift by following the Cumberland Valley Antique Trail.
Plan to make a winter getaway out of the suggestions listed above. Our lodging choices range from downtown hotels to charming bed and breakfasts. Find all your lodging options. Also plan for a cozy meal or two with the collection of eclectic dining choices throughout Cumberland Valley.
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Appalachian Trail
- Bike Routes
- Bird Watching
- Colonel Denning State Park
- Disc Golf
- Guided Tours
- Hiking & Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Hunting & ATVs
- Kings Gap
- Nature Explorer
- Parks & Wildlife Area
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- Susquehanna River
- Yellow Breeches Creek Water Trail
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?