The original log meeting house of the Big Spring Presbyterian Church was built in 1737 and the stone structure was complete in 1789. The graves of Revolutionary War soldiers can be found in the graveyard.
A marker on-site reads: "Original log meeting house was erected 1737 near the Big Spring. Church was fully organized, October 1738. Present stone structure was built 1789, and in 1790 the trustees laid out Newville as a town on the church-owned glebe."
Worship Services: Sunday is 10:30am with Sunday school at 9:15am