Farmers on the Square
- Address: Hanover & High Sts Carlisle, PA 17013
Farmers on the Square is a farmer run, seasonal market that operates in downtown Carlisle, PA. Our vendors live and work within 50 miles of Carlisle, so ours really is a local market!
Carlisle's downtown square is a traditional location for a market. Between 1751 and 1952 the spot that currently holds the Cumberland County Courthouse hosted open-air or enclosed farmers markets. FOTS is the first market on the square in over 50 years!
Hours: May through October -- every Wednesday from 3 pm to 7 pm, rain or shine. Beginning in November, we move indoors. Visit us at Project Share, 5 N. Orange Street, Carlisle, every Wednesday until before Christmas. From January to April, visit us at our indoor location on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Indoor hours are 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Directions: From Mechanicsburg, follow Trindle Road (Rt. 641) which will become East High Street in Carlisle. Continue to the junction of E. High St. and North/South Hanover Street. The Market is on the North Hanover location in front of the 1st Presbyterian Church. There is parking to the rear.
- Hours: Wed 3pm-7pm (May to Oct)
- Months Open: May-October
- Notes: Beginning in November, we move indoors. Visit us at Project Share, 5 N. Orange Street, Carlisle, every Wednesday until before Christmas from 3 to 6 pm. From January to April, visit us at our indoor location on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month.
Farms, Markets & Wineries
- Baked Goods:
- Other: Special Events include a Food Film Festival, occasional music performers and face painting.