The Gettysburg National Military Park is an easy day trip while staying in Cumberland Valley. The national park includes an interactive museum and visitors center with galleries, exhibits, bookstore, Refreshment Saloon, the famous Cyclorama painting and a 22-minute film title "A New Birth of Freedom." This new facility is designed to immerse visitors in the story of the Battle of Gettysburg and offer a new hands-on experience of the Civil War.
After exploring the 139,000 sq. ft. facility visitors can travel outside on to the hallowed grounds of the Gettysburg Battlefields. Tours include self-guided by car or walking and guided tours by van, bus, on horseback or Segway.
If visiting during the summer the park offers evening campfire programs, and other special events including living history and concerts to preserve and bring to light this important piece of American history.
Please Note: Hours for Museum: Nov-Mar 8am-5pm & Apr-Oct 8am-6pm, Hours for Battlefield: Apr-Oct 6am-10pm & Nov-Mar 6am-7pm
- Gift Shop:
- Hours: Apr-Oct 6am-10pm Nov-Mar 6am-7pm
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Tours Available:
- All Ages:
- Open For Business:
- Temporary Hours of Operation: Museum & Visitors Center Thurs-Mon 9am-4pm
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- Masks Required-Guest: