This is the only covered bridge in Cumberland County still in use in its original location. The wooden bridge, also called Failor's Mill Bridge, was completed by a local carpenter in 1882 at a cost of $2,173. It was repaired extensively in 1967. It was closed in September 2020 for a complete rehabilitation and re-opened in October 2021.
The bridge is 130 feet long, almost 19 feet high, and 11 feet above the Conodoguinet Creek at low levels. The bridge was built using a Burr truss system that ties wooden arches directly into the bridge's support posts and abutments. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The bridge is located in a scenic country setting two miles southeast of Newburg in Hopewell Township at the following coordinates: 40.136332, -77.523460.