The Two Mile House was constructed in 1820 as a tavern for James Given and in 1857 it was turned into a private residence before being donated by Mrs. Mary Wheeler King to the Cumberland County Historical Society. The property operated as a tavern from 1826-1857 and offered travelers meals and a place to stay.
Today, this historic site is available as a rental venue for weddings, bridal showers, meetings, baby showers and private events. The interior is decorated with antique chairs, tables and paintings. The exterior offers 6 acres of beautifully maintained gardens and grounds as well as an arbor. All rentals include the use of the outside tented patio, along with 4 tables and 30 folding chairs.