This classic single-screen movie theatre in downtown New Cumberland recently underwent a $2.5 million renovation and re-opened after a four-year closure.
The interior was restored to the look and feel approximating its construction in 1939 with the addition of modern amenities such as a new, up-to-date digital projector, stage lighting, and upgraded video and audio equipment. A thrust stage accommodates small-scale theatrical and musical performances.
The theatre now seats 200 people and serves as a cinema house and performing arts venue that host concerts, performances, plays, various community events, and private parties. In addition to traditional and theatre-style seating, restaurant-style booths line either side of the space, and there is a standing lounge area with high-top tables behind the new state-of-the-art concession stand.