February 7-9, 2020
The UPMC Pinnace Ice Art Fest returns to Downtown Carlisle from February 7 to 9 with more than 70 sculptures. Bring your family and friends to walk around town, look them over, and marvel at how they’re carved. You are welcome to take selfies with your favorite sculptures. Most sculptures will be pre-carved then delivered to their downtown locations. However, you can also witness actual live ice sculpture carving on Dickinson Avenue on Saturday starting at 10 am and Pomfret Street starting at 2 pm.
But there will be so much more to see and do in downtown Carlisle throughout the weekend. Highlights include:
- Food vendors serving at South Court House Avenue on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.
- Carriage rides from South Court House Avenue.
- A digital scavenger hunt.
- For the little ones, Snow Sisters will have a meet and greet at The Vault. There will also be a free Snow Sisters sing-along on the Old Courthouse steps.
- On Saturday evening, enjoy beginner swing dance lessons at Green Door Dance Studio starting at 7:30 pm followed by open dancing from 8:30 pm to 11 pm.
- Carlisle Theatre will host a free showing of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe on Friday evening (courtesy of UPMC Pinnacle), a free family concert by the West Shore Symphony Orchestra on Saturday at 9:30 am, and another concert by the West Shore Symphony Orchestra (paid admission) on Sunday at 3 pm.
- Plus, a number of downtown shops are hosting games and activities including crafts, a penguin toss, glass-blowing classes, art demonstrations, and a self-guided tour of the stained glass windows at St. John's Episcopal Church.
For a list of all activities, the day, time and locations, and whether there is a charge or a change in schedule, please go to www.iceartfest.com.
If you are looking for more information about things to see and do in the Cumberland Valley, stop by our Visitors Center on Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm for free brochures and maps.