The third annual UPMC Pinnace Ice Art Fest returns to Downtown Carlisle on February 8 to 10 with more than 70 sculptures. Bring your family and friends to walk around town, look them over, and marvel at how they’re carved. You are welcome to take selfies with your favorite sculptures. Most sculptures will be pre-carved then delivered to their downtown locations. However, you can also witness actual live ice sculpture carving on Dickinson Avenue on Saturday starting at 10 am.
Two highlights of this year's festival include the working ice bar located on the outdoor patio at Comfort Suites and the Memorial Ice Display to honor or recognize loved ones located in Veterans Square beside the Old Courthouse.
But there will be so much more to see and do in downtown Carlisle throughout the weekend. Highlights include:
- Food vendors serving at North and South Court House Avenue on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.
- Catch a carriage ride from South Court House Avenue.
- Participate in a digital scavenger hunt during the three-day celebration.
- Stay warm at the PNC chili cook-off and beer tasting on Saturday from 3 pm to 5 pm.
- Check out the glass-blowing demonstrations and workshops at American Artisan Gallery on Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm.
- For the little ones, Snow Sisters will have a meet and greet at The Vault from 11 am to 2:45 pm. There will also be a Snow Sisters sing-along on the Old Courthouse steps.
- From 11:30 am to 3:30 pm on Saturday, head over to Create-A-Palooza for a Penguin Toss.
- On Saturday evening, enjoy beginner swing dance lessons at Green Door Dance Studio starting at 7:30 pm followed by open dancing from 8:30 pm to 11 pm.
- On Sunday afternoon, enjoy a free showing of Happy Feet at the Carlisle Theatre.
- Finish out the weekend with a diamond dig at Marjorie’s Gems on Sunday afternoon.
For a list of all activities, the day, time and locations, and whether there is a charge or a change in schedule, please go to www.iceartfest.com.
If you are looking for more information about things to see and do in the Cumberland Valley, stop by our Visitors Center on Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm for free brochures and maps.