Carlisle's Ice Art Fest
produced by Downtown Carlisle Association/LoveCarlisle.com
February 3-5, 2023
Spend a magical winter weekend in historic downtown Carlisle. You'll find plenty of photo opportunities among the almost 90 ice sculptures along the streets in downtown Carlisle. Downtown businesses will offer special activities, discounts, music, and more. Explore the town and see all that it has to offer.
Click here to view the map showing the location of each sculpture.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony will occur at 5 pm on Friday, February 3, in Veterans Courtyard at the square in Carlisle (corner of Hanover & High Streets).
Marjorie's Gems is again selling tickets during Ice Art Fest for a chance to win some bling. Only 100 tickets will be sold to win an antique 18K white gold Edwardian natural diamond ring, approximately 1-carat total weight. Tickets are $20 each and are limited to 5 tickets per person. Chances go on sale Friday, February 3 at noon at Marjorie's Gems. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, February 5, at 2 pm. All the proceeds are donated to the Downtown Carlisle Association.
Carriage & Wagon Rides
Benchfield Farms will offer carriage rides through downtown Carlisle on Friday from 5 pm to 9 pm, Saturday from noon to 8 pm and Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm. The cost is $25 for a group of 4 if reserved and paid for in advance or $30 at the event. Wagon rides are available for larger groups at $5 per person. Meet at Church Avenue and S. Hanover Street. Rides last for approximately 15 minutes. To reserve a ride, call or text Traci at 71`7-448-8464.
- Friday, February 3, from 4 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday, February 4, from 9 am to 9 pm
- Sunday, February 5, from 10 am to 3 pm
Visit iceartfest.com or the Ice Art Fest Carlisle Facebook page for up-to-date information and the latest schedule of events.
More Ice Art Fest Events
Here's what else is happening around town. The schedule is subject to change without notice. Please click here to see the latest updates.
- LIVE ICE CARVING with Members 1st Federal Credit Union: Saturday at 12pm by the Old Courthouse on the Square
- 1794 Whiskey Rebellion/Comfort Suites: Stop by the ICE BAR at 1794 Whiskey Rebellion during Ice Art Fest weekend! They are open: Friday from 4 pm to 10 pm and Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Boutique on Pomfret: Extended Hours on Friday & Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm. Fall & Winter Clearance Sale with 25% off styles from Color Me Cotton, Little Journeys, Focus Fashions, Liv, Escape & More. Plus, a hot cocoa bar (by donation) benefits Operation Veteran’s Hope in Mt. Holly Springs.
- C-Luv Thrift: Extended Hours Friday from 12 pm to 8 pm, Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm, Sunday from 12 pm to 5 pm
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center: Juried exhibit “Beautifully Broken” in the G.B. Stuart Gallery, featuring photos, textiles, paintings & sculptures. The Upper Gallery showcases 10 years of ArtWorks and CONNECT Camp youth programming. The Member’s Artisan Gallery is also open. Friday & Saturday from 10 am to 7 pm; closed Sunday.
- Carlisle American Legion Post 101: “Winter Bazaar” indoor craft and gifts market on Saturday, February 4, from 9 am to 4 pm, featuring many local crafters & artisans, roasted nuts, baked goods, coffee, hot cocoa, and a Selfie Photo Booth to capture your memories of the day. Sponsored by the Carlisle American Legion Auxiliary.
- Carlisle Antique Mall: Extended Hours: Friday from 10 am to 8 pm, Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm, and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Castlerigg Wine Shop: Don’t miss live music Ice Art Fest Weekend at Castlerigg Wine Shop! Kirk Wise on Friday night at 6 pm and Cindy Gorski on Saturday at 4 pm.
- Create-A-Palooza: Friday 12-8 pm, Saturday 11 am-8 pm, Sunday 12 pm to 5 pm. You, Me & Mugs: Make your favorite mug during Ice Art Fest!
- Cumberland County Historical Society: Stop in at 21 N. Pitt St. to learn about the history of Cumberland County in our museum. A used book sale will also be going on inside our Todd Hall. Open until 4 pm Saturday.
- Dan Collison: Extended Hours: Friday: 4 pm to 8 pm and Saturday 11 am to 5 pm to accommodate a warming station with free hot chocolate and indoor conversations about insurance and/or Rotary for those who are interested. We’ll also have Frozen-themed face painting on Saturday!
- Exquisite Chocolates: Extended Hours Friday 11 am to 8 pm and Saturday 10 am to 8 pm; closed Sunday.
- Grand Illusion: Escape with The MUNSTERS! 1313 Mockingbird Lane is now open! This 6-person (max), 1-hour escape room game allows you to experience the best of this famous TV series as you find clues and solve puzzles alongside “America’s Favorite Family,” The Munsters.
- the greatest gift: Extended Hours: Friday 10 am to 8 pm, Saturday 10 am to 6 pm, Sunday 12 pm to 4 pm. Ice Art Fest Sales: 30% Off Clearance, 30% Off Christmas Décor & 20% Off Sweaters
- History on High: Nuno Felting beret demonstration on Saturday, February 4, from 10:30 am to 2 pm by Elaine Haag Designs. Free, no RSVP needed. Open 10 am to 5 pm on Friday and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday. Adjacent to History on High is the Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Exhibit in the G.B. Stuart Workshop. Wonderful for all ages!
- Hook & Flask Still Works: Drinks to go all weekend long! Ice luge shots of Whiskey or Apple Pie Moonshine are happening Friday night and Saturday afternoon/evening. Sunday Brunch from 11 am to 2 pm.
- No Common Scents: 10% off, Door Prizes. Our hours will be the usual, very early to very late!
- St. John’s on the Square: Selling hot chocolate to raise money for the summer youth pilgrimage. Soup & Sandwich Sale on Friday, February 3, from 5 pm to 8 pm. Outside on the sidewalk: soup, pretzels, coffee, hot chocolate. Inside seating: various homemade soups, grilled cheese, grilled ham and cheese, soft pretzels, hot chocolate, coffee, and lemonade.
- the clothesVine: Extended hours: Friday and Saturday: 10 am to 7 pm and Sunday: 10 am to 3 pm.
- TUTTO: Friday, 4 pm to 7 pm and Saturday, 10 am to 7 pm. Offering a free kids' craft, cocoa for everyone, and venue open house. We will also be giving a free gift with purchase.