There are plenty of creative workshops and classes you can participate in for the holidays. Make a handmade gift or a festive decoration. Spend a night out with your girlfriends or take your children to make a fun holiday craft. Here's a sampling of activities in the Cumberland Valley. Click here to check out our entire events calendar for upcoming holiday classes. Be sure to register early. Many of these popular events sell out quickly.
- Holiday Wreath Making @ Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses
- Thanksgiving Napkin Basket @ Art Center School & Galleries
- Turkey Gourd Walk-In Class @ Meadowbrooke Gourds
- Wreath Workshop @ Wildwood Park
- Lil' Gourd Walk-In Class @ Meadowbrooke Gourds
- Kids Holiday Event @ Hollabaugh Bros. Fruit Farm & Market
- Pine Wreath Workshop @ Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses
- Fresh-Cut Holiday Wreath Workshop @ the greatest gift
- Natural Ornaments @ Wildwood Park (also on December 9)
- Fresh Greens Container @ Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses
- Christmas Ornaments @ Art Center School & Galleries
- Children's Craft Class: Pot a Poinsettia @ Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses
- Winter Wreath Workshop @ Hershey Gardens
In addition, Hershey Gardens has Craft Christmas Creations for children each weekend (plus other selected days) from November 17 through January 1.
Are you a more experienced, practicing crafter looking for a challenge? The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen offers intensive half-day and full-day workshops at their Lancaster location including making textured clay ornaments, wood-turned ornaments, and glass icicles.