There are plenty of creative workshops and classes you can participate in for the holidays. Make a handmade gift or a festive decoration. Spend a night out with your girlfriends or take your children to make a fun holiday craft. Here's a sampling of activities in the Cumberland Valley. Click here to check out our entire events calendar for upcoming holiday classes. Be sure to register early. Many of these popular events sell out quickly.
November 3 & 4
- Delicious Art @ The Pie Haus and Create-a-Palooza
- Snowy Candles @ Ashcombe
- Children's Craft: Gingerbread House Ornament @ Ashcombe
- Fall Maple Leaf Paint Along @ Hollabaugh Bros.
- Christmas Ball Mania Glassblowing @ Brain Vessel
- Holiday Ornament Glass Blowing Lessons @ American Artisan Gallery
- DIY Special Pumpkin Flower Centerpiece @ Hollabaugh Bros.
November 30 & December 1
- Wreath Workshop @ Wildwood Park
- Boxwood Kissing Ball Workshop @ Ashcombe
- Christmas Garland @ The Rosemary House
- Children's Craft: Pasta Gingerbread House @ Ashcombe
- Winter Wreath-Making Class @ Hershey Gardens
- Children's Craft Class: Pot a Poinsettia @ Ashcombe
December 8 & 15
- Natural Ornaments @ Wildwood Park
- Edible Gifts Cooking Class @ Hollabaugh Bros.
In addition, Hershey Gardens has Crafty Christmas Creations for children each weekend (plus other selected days) from November 23 through December 31 and Ashcombe hosts a Pine Wreath Workshop on December 2, 5, 7, 9 , 12, 14 and 16 and Fresh Greens Container workshop on December 4, 11, and 18.
Are you a more experienced, practicing crafter looking for a challenge? The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen offers intensive half-day and full-day workshops at their Lancaster location including making steampunk ornaments, holiday table toppers, and glass paperweights.