Dine Around the World
Introduce your palate to a variety of delicious culinary styles from around the globe, all within a few short blocks at restaurants in Carlisle, PA. View suggestions below for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. There are over 30 restaurants in the downtown area of Carlisle or view all your Cumberland Valley dining choices, including waterfront restaurants in Wormleysburg.
Fay's Country Kitchen: Step back in time and have a traditional American breakfast with a little twist. Tip: They don't accept credit cards so bring cash.
- Must Try: The assortment of the best pancakes hands down. Mix and match and try a couple flavors, like oat bran with peaches (inside the pancake not on top), buckwheat with blueberries, Hawaiian, pumpkin along with 20 other kinds to choose from
Momma Spriggs: This local favorite is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Head there first thing in the morning for a full menu of omelettes, french toast, breakfast sandwiches and eggs benedict.
- Must Try: Cape style eggs benedict with crabmeat and spinach
Brick Kitchen & Bar: This modern restaurant features a seasonal menu of sandwiches, salads, small plates and large plates.
- Must Try: Fish Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce
North Hanover Grille: Stop by this local favorite for sandwiches, wings, soup, salads and more.
- Must Try: Anything off of the daily specials menu! There is always something delicious.
South Side Deli: Need something quick for lunch? Grab a deli-fresh sub, wrap or sandwich at South Side Deli.
- Must Try: Any sub on the pretzel roll from local Mechanicsburg bakery Terranettis
1794 The Whiskey Rebellion: Named after President George Washington's march to quell the Whiskey Rebellion, this modern but rustic steak and seafood restaurant specializes in locally-sourced foods with over 50 varieties of whiskey.
- Must Try: Colonial Chicken Pot Pie
Redd's Smokehouse BBQ: This southern-cooked BBQ joint has been impressing crowds since opening its doors in downtown Carlisle. You will have trouble deciding between ribs, brisket, pulled chicken, pulled pork, wings and other delicious appetizers, sandwiches and sides.
- Must Try: Loaded Beef Brisket Sandwich with grilled peppers, onions & pepper-jack cheese
Camellia's Sin Tea Parlor & Gift Shop: Enjoy a little taste of heaven and a sip of tea in an elegant and cozy tea parlor. Treat yourself to a traditional eight-course afternoon tea with a selection of homemade teas, petite sandwiches, soup, homemade scones and more! Bring your own fun hat or select one hanging on the wall. Tip: Reservations recommended.
- Must Try: The snowflake tea and to-die-for homemade scones
Market Cross Pub & Brewery: Serving up English meals paired with over 250 varieties of beer from all over the world. Stop by for live entertainment on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Must Try: King Fish Basket with Chips
Café Bruges: Traditional Belgian dishes and over 100 Belgian beers and ales available. Tip: Stop by for Sunday Brunch 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Must Try: Frites appetizer with homemade ketchup
Chen's Asian Restaurant: Choose from a wide variety of Chinese, Japanese and Thai dishes, including sushi. Great lunch portions and prices.
- Must Try: Crab Rangoon Appetizer
Miseno's Ristorante: This is a Dickinson College favorite. Stop by for yummy pizzas, salads, strombolis, calzones, sandwiches and more.
- Must Try: Bacon Ranch Chicken Bambino
Mt Fuji: The place for sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine in Carlisle.
- Must Try: The Spicy Kain Bowl and the Snowtin Roll
Cancun Mexican Restaurant: Serves traditional Mexican cuisine, a few minutes from downtown Carlisle.
- Must Try: Fajitas Texanas with Steak, Chicken and Shrimp
Issei Noodle: Features delicious made-to-order noodle and rice dishes.
- Must Try: Chicken Egg Donburi - Chicken sautéed in sweet onion, mirin, sake, honey, seasonal greens, soy sauce and egg over rice
Carlisle Thai Cuisine: Specializes in healthy and flavorful Thai dishes
- Must Try: House Special Fried Rice - Black and golden raisins with peas, carrots, pineapples, cashew nuts, chicken, pork, beef and Joy's signature sauce
Trattoria Piatto: Offers traditional Italian comfort food in a fine dining setting. On a nice day, enjoy your meal outside on their mini piazza.
Andalusia: Spanish and Moroccan cuisine featuring tapas and traditional dishes.
- Must Try: Sangria and Marinated Olives
Helena's Chocolate Café' & Creperie: A sweet little café with super-sized perfectly thin crepes, gourmet handmade European chocolates, homemade gelato and sorbet, and more.
- Must Try: Assortment of French Macarons (not made with coconut) or the Banana & Nutella Crepe
Carlisle Bakery: Downtown bakery offering cakes, cupcakes, biscotti, cream puffs, cookies, Hershey's ice cream and much more.
- Must Try: Cake Pops and Biscotti
Ice Cream (A few minutes from downtown)
Massey's Frozen Custard: Year-round ice cream stand, featuring frozen custard and milkshakes.
- Must Try: Traditional Chocolate Shake
Leo's Homemade Ice Cream: Homemade ice cream with specialty flavors, to-go pints and cakes
- Must Try: Salted Caramel Ice Cream on a Sugar Cone
Castlerigg Wine Shop: This spot is much more than a shop. Enjoy a tasting, or relax with a glass or bottle. They also offer small appetizers and desserts
- Must Try: Baked Brie
- Arts & Culture
Car Shows & Racing
- Fall Carlisle & Auction
- Spring Carlisle & Auction
- Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals
- Carlisle Ford Nationals
- Carlisle GM Nationals
- Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
- Carlisle Truck Nationals
- Corvettes at Carlisle
- World of Outlaws
- Perry County Covered Bridge & Wine Loop
- Town & Country Motorcycle Ramble
- Enjoy the Ride - Motorcycle Road Trips
- Car Enthusiast
- World Renowned Auto Shows
- Dining & Nightlife
- Family Fun
- Orchards & U-Picks
- Top 10 Fishing Locations
- Top 10 Hikes
- Swimming in the Valley
- Get Out on the Water
- Half Gallon Challenge
- Experience the Appalachian Trail
- A Fly-Fisher's Paradise
- Day Hike Sampler
- Nature Explorer
- Cycling in Cumberland Valley
- Family Golfing
- 6 Places to Find Zen
- Bird Watching Hotspots
- RECONNECT - Outdoors
- Adrenaline Pumping
- Fall Foliage in Cumberland Valley
- Tour Our Towns
- Weekend Trips
- Who Are You?