Whether you are a fan of thin crust, deep dish, stuffed crust, or even anchovies, the pizzerias and restaurants in Cumberland Valley give you plenty of choices for this mouthwatering favorite. Here are some highlights along with must-try menu suggestions based on taste tests by our staff.
Authentic Italian-American pizza, specialty hoagies, fresh bread made daily, and sauces inspired by "Nonna", means that you will find the perfect slice.
- Nikoli's Famous Italian Style: An Italian sub meets pizza with their signature recipe. This creation features salami, provolone, ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, and oil.
Zag’s has a loyal customer base thanks to a fresh and flavorful menu that includes almost 15 specialty pizzas.
- Taco Pizza: An Italian and Mexican masterpiece with sour cream, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella, and cheddar.
Within walking distance of the Dickinson College campus in Carlisle, Miseno’s is a favorite with the students and their parents as well as the locals. They have a nice selection of wraps, sandwiches, subs, and dinner entrees as well as pizza.
- Bambinos: They do have 12”, 14”, and 16” pizzas for larger groups, but if you want something smaller but still filling or you want to mix and match, order the Bambinos. With almost 20 varieties, everyone can find their favorite flavor. (Personal note: I suggest the Bambino La Greca, featuring feta, green peppers, and Kalamata olives.)
Located on the Harrisburg Pike in Carlisle, Napoli’s offers 12”, 14” and 16” pizzas, including a stuffed pizza and the recently-added focaccia pizza along with a nice selection of hot and cold subs, calzones, and strombolis.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza: Combining two of our favorite things – wings and pizza -- this pie does not have red sauce, but rather buffalo sauce, cheese, and small pieces of chicken. The combination is delightful and a little bit on the spicy side so if you’re a mild wing person, it may be too much for you.
With locations in Carlisle, Lemoyne, and Camp Hill, this casual restaurant offers an interesting and delicious selection of pizzas, sandwiches, salads, and entrees. The pizza comes in 8- and 10-inch sizes, with crust options including regular, whole wheat and gluten-free. This smaller size makes it perfect for ordering a few pizzas to share since there are nearly 30 different flavor combinations to choose from!
- Grilled Vegetable: This combination almost makes pizza feel healthy! Featuring grilled zucchini, yellow squash, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, garlic olive oil, parmesan and mozzarella, this tasty pizza reminds you of grilling and summer.
Brick-oven pizzas made with a special sauce recipe are the highlight at this small restaurant, but locals rave about the pierogi pizza, one of their 12 specialty pies.
- Pierogi Pizza: Creamy garlic mashed potatoes topped with caramelized onions, American, Cheddar, and Mozzarella cheeses.
Located along Hanover Street, customer favorites include salads, subs, pasta dinners, and, of course, their pizza.
- Sicilian Thick Crust: This is Vinny’s specialty, a thick and crispy crust with generously-sized slices. The homemade bread and pizza dough are made fresh daily.
Jigsy’s offers a number of house-brewed craft beers and their menu includes gourmet pizza, specialty pizza, and old forge pizza. This unique style – born in Old Forge, PA, in Northeast Pennsylvania -- has a thick crust that is crispy on the bottom with a chewy center. These rectangular pizzas are ordered by the “tray” and served by the “cut”, not by the slice.
- Old Forge Pizza: Choose from traditional red, single-crust white, double crust white, broccoli double white, or tomato and garlic double white.
In business for over 50 years, Jo Jo’s is located in the heart of downtown Mechanicsburg and has a second location in Mechanicsburg conveniently located off Route 15. They have an extensive menu with a nice selection of both red and white pizzas.
- Tuscano Pizza: This is Jo Jo’s best-selling specialty pizza made with homemade ricotta cheese sauce and topped with mozzarella, spinach, artichokes, and Roma tomatoes.
Click here to check out our full list of pizzerias.