Fall is the perfect time to plan your Weekend Easy getaway to Cumberland Valley. We've curated a list of top things to do. And don't forget to sign up for the free Fall Fun Trail passport, check-in at participating locations, and earn prizes.
1. Fall Foliage Drives: The serene and stunning landscape of the Cumberland Valley makes it the ideal location for some leaf-peeping. With colors usually peaking in mid-to-late October, a leisurely drive will elicit plenty of "oohs" and "aahs."
2. Cumberland Valley Fall Fun Trail: Beginning Tuesday, September 6 through Sunday, November 6, 2022, sign up for the FREE digital Fall Fun Trail passport, check-in at participating locations, and earn prizes. There are ten outdoor spots and eight farm attractions throughout Cumberland Valley that promise fun and picture-perfect activities ideal for couples and families.
3. Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral: This annual event marks the end of the automotive flea market season for Carlisle Events and is an absolute must-attend event for thousands of enthusiasts looking to buy, sell and celebrate all things automotive.
4. Hiking: Sweater weather makes hiking even better. Soak in the quiet, natural beauty as you meander along our trails, which offer varying lengths and levels of difficulty for all types of outdoor lovers. Our state parks offer several free guided hikes.
5. Orchards & U-Picks: Cumberland Valley's strong agricultural tradition offers guests unique farm attractions and locally-grown farm products. Pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, take a hayride, or roam through a corn maze.
6. Cumberland Valley Beer Trail: Let's face it... craft beer is good any time of year, but the seasonal brews are particularly tasty in the fall.
7. Outdoor Adventure: Looking for adventure but unsure where to start? Let Adventure Explorations plan your customized outdoor experience in rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, fly and spinner-fishing, Italian cycling, or hiking. They take care of the details, and you have all the fun!
8. Camping: Are you considering renting an RV for the first time? Cumberland Valley is the perfect location to test out your new wheels. Located within a short two-hour drive of Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC, on easily accessible highways, you can park your RV at one of our campgrounds, settle in, and feel yourself unwind. Several of our campgrounds offer cabin rentals if you don't have an RV.
9. Shopping: Not many people associate fall with shopping, but it's the perfect time for pre-holiday gift buying. Save yourself the hassle of running around this holiday season and visit our specialty shops now. With locally-made artwork, unique artisan crafts, and handmade jewelry, these gifts will be treasured for years to come.
10. Mountain Biking: Immerse yourself in the scenery and wildlife of Cumberland Valley during a guided mountain biking adventure through Michaux State Forest with Sacred Rides Michaux.
Stay the Night
The list above is just a starting point for your fall fun weekend getaway. Read more about Inexpensive Things to Do This Fall or how to Kick Off Fall with Fun Festivals: September 23-25, 2022, a curated weekend escape filled with festivals, food, and fun.
Cumberland Valley has a variety of lodging options for all budgets. Click here to check for availability.