Fall is the perfect time to plan your Weekend Easy getaway to Cumberland Valley.
1. Fall Foliage Drives -- The serene and stunning landscape of the Cumberland Valley makes it the ideal location for some leaf-peeping. With colors usually peaking in mid-to-late October, a leisurely drive will elicit plenty of "oohs" and "aahs".
2. Cooking Classes -- If you tried out some new recipes (sourdough bread, anyone?) during quarantine but want to take your cooking skills up a notch, fall is the perfect time to schedule a cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe in Carlisle. Start pre-planning your Thanksgiving meal, learn to cook on the Big Green Egg, or explore options for hearty fall meals. As an added bonus, many classes are BYOB.
3. Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral -- This annual event marks the end of the automotive flea market season for Carlisle Events and is an absolute must-attend event for thousands of enthusiasts looking to buy, sell and celebrate all things automotive.
4. Hiking -- Sweater weather makes hiking even better. Soak in the quiet, natural beauty as you meander along our trails, which offer varying lengths and levels of difficulty for all types of outdoor lovers. Our state parks offer a number of free guided hikes.
5. Orchards & U-Picks -- Cumberland Valley's strong agricultural tradition offers guests unique farm attractions and locally-grown farm products. Pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, take a hayride, or roam through a corn maze.
6. Cumberland Valley Beer Trail -- Let's face it... craft beer is good any time of year but the seasonal brews are particularly tasty in the fall.
7. Outdoor Adventure -- Looking for adventure but not sure where to start? Let Adventure Explorations plan your customized outdoor experience in rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, fly and spinner-fishing, Italian cycling, or hiking. They take care of the details and you have all the fun!
8. Camping -- Are you thinking about renting an RV for the first time? Cumberland Valley is the perfect location to test out your new wheels. Located within a short two-hour drive of Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC, on easily accessible highways, you can park your RV at one of our campgrounds, settle in, and feel yourself unwind. If you don't have an RV, several of our campgrounds offer cabin rentals.
9. Shopping -- Not many people associate fall with shopping, but it's the perfect time to do some pre-holiday gift buying. Save yourself the hassle of running around this holiday season and visit our specialty shops now. With locally-made artwork, unique artisan crafts, and handmade jewelry, these gifts will be treasured for years to come.
Click here for a variety of lodging options for all budgets.