Family vacations are for creating family memories. Pack up the kids and don't forget the camera for these unforgettable experiences.
Although every day is a beautiful day in Cumberland Valley, sometimes you're looking for indoor fun. Your family will love exploring our numerous indoor activities.
Engage in some friendly competition at our bowling alleys.
Take an intro class to learn the basics, and then climb around the 40 ft. high walls at the Climbnasium (ages 5 and up) or bring the little ones to the dedicated children's climbing area at The Cave Indoor Rock Climbing facility.
Spend an afternoon at the Carlisle Sports Emporium playing in the hi-tech arcade (including VR gaming), teaming up for laser tag, roller skating, and racing around the indoor go-kart track.
Win tickets at the arcade games at the Coliseum Megaplex.
Jump, bounce, and slide around the inflatables at Monkey Joe's (ages 12 and under).
Paint your own pottery at Create-A-Palooza (pick up the next day).
Take the turns at up to 50 mph at the Autobahn Indoor Speedway (ages 8 and up)
Explore the children's exhibits at the Appalachian Trail Museum (open seasonally)
Learn about the U.S. Army through interactive exhibits including a parachute drop at the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center.
Journey through natural history at the Oakes Museum (open Saturdays only).
Reach new heights bouncing around Skyzone Indoor Trampoline Park.
Bake and take during a themed cake workshop at Jubilee Cake Studio. All supplied are included.
Planted in Play gives children (ages 2 to 10) the opportunity to play (and learn) at their own pace among five interactive play areas.
Get out and enjoy the sunshine at our outdoor attractions. With activities suitable for all seasons, there's plenty to do in the Valley!
- Splash around Boiling Springs Pool and Waterpark, consisting of four pools and three slides, or visit one of the Valley's other pools and lakes.
- Hone your putting skills while mini-golfing, followed by ice cream. (Be sure to check out our Ice Cream Trail.)
- Explore the mile-long Army Heritage Trail, complete with full-sized exhibits like tanks, helicopters, and a WWII trench.
- Race around the outdoor go-cart track or practice your skills at the batting cages at Carlisle Sports Emporium.
- Book a pirate or princess cruise on the Pride of the Susquehanna, then enjoy the other fun activities found on City Island.
- Feed the farm animals at Paulus Farm Market and enjoy the year-round activities found at both Paulus Farm Market and Paulus Orchards.
- Include a nighttime activity perfect for the whole family at the Cumberland Drive-In Theatre. This nostalgic theatre has been showing movies since 1952.
Make an entire weekend or week out of exploring all the amusement parks and kid-friendly locations spread throughout the region. Stay and play in Cumberland Valley and travel to unique nearby destinations for fun-filled day trips.
- Roundtop Mountain Resort is an all-season ski and summer adventure resort where you and the family can enjoy year-round fun. Visit in the winter for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. If you are here in the summer the whole family can explore zip lines, bumper boats, canopy tours, and OGO balls.
- Experience over 70 rides and attractions at the famous Hersheypark, just a short drive from conveniently located Cumberland Valley hotels. Spend a day riding roller coasters or learning about their delicious chocolate treats. While in Hershey, don't forget to visit ZooAmerica. This North American Wildlife Park features 11-acres of zoo animals and living plants to explore.
- Continue your wildlife adventure at Lake Tobias. The whole family will enjoy safari experiences with views of animals, birds, and plants from around the world. Meet and feed Spike and Bakari, two young reticulated giraffes, at the park's newest exhibit.
- For a fairy tale adventure, head to Lancaster for a day at Dutch Wonderland. This “Kingdom for Kids” is home to 30 rides, a water play area and live entertainment for kids of all ages.
When it’s time to stop for a bite to eat plan a meal at one of the Valley’s kid-friendly restaurants. With more than 75 locally-owned and chain restaurants serving up a kids' menu, you'll be sure to find a location that pleases the whole family.