Family vacations are for creating family memories. Pack up the kids and don't forget the camera for these unforgettable experiences.
Although every day is a beautiful day in Cumberland Valley, sometimes you're looking for indoor fun. Your family will love exploring our numerous indoor activities including:
- Engaging in some friendly competition at our bowling alleys.
- Taking an intro class to learn the basics, and then climbing around the 40 ft. high walls at the Climbnasium (ages 5 and up).
- Spending an afternoon at the Carlisle Sports Emporium playing in the hi-tech arcade, teaming up for laser tag, roller skating and racing around the indoor go-kart track.
- Winning tickets at the arcade games at the Coliseum Megaplex.
- Jumping, bouncing and sliding around the inflatables at Monkey Joe's (ages 12 and under).
- Painting your own pottery at Create-A-Palooza (pick up the next day).
- Taking the turns at up to 50 mph at the Autobahn Indoor Speedway (ages 8 and up).
- Exploring the Children's Exhibits at the Appalachian Trail Museum.
- Learning about the U.S. Army through interactive exhibits including a parachute drop at the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center.
- Journeying through natural history at the Oakes Museum (open Saturdays only).
- Reaching new heights bouncing around Skyzone Indoor Trampoline Park.
Get out and the enjoy the sunshine at our variety of outdoor attractions. With activities suitable for all seasons, there's plenty to do in the Valley!
- Splash around the Boiling Springs Pool and Waterpark, consisting of four pools and three slides, or visit one of the Valley's other pools and lakes.
- Hone your putting skills while mini golfing, followed by ice cream.
- Solve walking puzzles highlighting Carlisle points of interest. Each of the Carlisle Quests begins in Veterans Square and takes the user within 1.5 walking mazes. The quest requires only a pencil, paper, directions and your mind and feet!
- Explore the mile-long Army Heritage Trail, complete with full sized exhibits like tanks, helicopters and a WWII trench.
- Learn about alpacas while petting and feeding these interesting creatures at Bent Pine Alpaca Farm.
- Race around the outdoor track at Carlisle Sports Emporium.
- Book a pirate or princes cruise on the Pride of the Susquehanna, then enjoy the other fun activities found on City Island.
- Feed the farm animals at Paulus Farm Market and enjoy the fall fun activities found Paulus Farm Market and Paulus Orchards.
- Include a nighttime activity perfect for the whole family at the Cumberland Drive-In Theatre. This nostalgic theatre has been showing movies since 1952.
Make an entire weekend or week out of exploring all the amusement parks and kid-friendly locations spread through the region. Stay and play in Cumberland Valley and travel out to unique nearby destinations for fun-filled day trips.
- Roundtop Mountain Resort is an all-season ski and summer adventure resort. You and the family can enjoy year-round fun. Visit in the winter for skiing, snowboarding and tubing. If you are here in the summer the whole family can explore zip lines, bumper boats, canopy tours and OGO balls.
- Experience over 65 rides and attractions at the famous Hersheypark, just a short drive from conveniently located Cumberland Valley hotels. Spend a day riding roller coasters or learning about their delicious chocolate treats. While in Hershey, journey to ZooAmerica. This North American Wildlife Park features 11-acres of zoo animals and living plants to explore.
- Continue a wildlife adventure at Lake Tobias. The whole family will enjoy safari experiences with views of animals, birds and plants from around the world.
- For a fairy tale adventure, head to Lancaster for a day at Dutch Wonderland. This “Kingdom for Kids” is home to 30 rides, a water play area and live entertainment for kids of all ages.
When it’s time to stop for a bite to eat plan a meal at the Valley’s kid-friendly restaurant, Isaac’s Famous Grilled Sandwiches. With convenient locations throughout the region, including Mechanicsburg and Lemoyne, this bird-themed restaurant invites families to feast on grilled sandwiches, soups, salads and more.