Download Recreational Guides and Maps:
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park Map (.pdf)
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park Recreational Guide (.pdf)
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park Camping Map (.pdf)
Swimming: The mountain backdrop, cool water and sandy beaches at Laurel Lake make it the perfect place to go on a hot summer day. Open from May 1 to September 30, 8 a.m. to sunset. During the summer season a snack bar is available at the beach, selling items such as fries, funnel cakes, hamburgers, hotdogs, pretzels, chips. There are no lifeguards at Laurel Lake.
For boating and fishing regulations on Laurel Lake visit the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
Boating: electric motors only, canoes, kayaks, seasonal boat rental. Boat rentals are available 7 days a week at Laurel Lake during the summer season. Canoes, rowboats, paddle boats one and two person kayaks and eletric motorboats are available. Hours are Monday through Friday 11am-7pm and Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 10am-7pm. You must have photo ID to rent.
Fishing: The common fish found at Laurel Lake are pickerel, perch and stocked trout. Mountain Creek, which flows through the park, has brown, brook and rainbow trout.
Biking: Trail entrances for the 2-mile Cumberland County Biker-Hiker Trail are located at the Furnace Stack Day Use Area, Laurel and Fuller Lake.
Birding: Laurel Lake is a rest stop for many migrating birds and waterfowl, such as Merganser, Canada goose, mallard, loon, teal and many other ducks. Wild turkey and woodcock call from open areas in the park.
In the winter, you can ice-fish and ice-skate at Laurel Lake.
Pets are NOT allowed on the beach.
- Directions: PennDOT will be performing a bridge replacement project on PA-233 near the intersection of Pine Rd beginning June 14th. Vehicles traveling to Pine Grove Furnace State Park via I-81 should use the following routes to access the park. Detours will likely be in place into August: Vehicles traveling South on I-81 take exit 47A to PA-34 South. Drive 6 miles and take slight right to continue on 34 South. After 2 miles make a right onto Green Mountain Rd. At the stop sign make a right onto Pine Grove Road. Continue 6 miles to park office on the left. Vehicles traveling North on I-81 take exit 20. Make a right onto Olde Scotland Rd and a left onto PA-997. Continue on PA-997 for 5 miles and turn left onto US-30 E. After 2 miles turn left onto PA-233 N. continue for 13 miles park office will be on the right. For the latest traffic updates please check https://www.511pa.com/
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Family Fun Fishing:
- Smallmouth Bass:
- Stocked Trout:
- Along the Appalachian Trail:
- Any Length Trail:
- Bike Rentals:
- Biking Trails:
- Bird Watching:
- Hiking Trails:
- Picnic Area/Pavilions:
- Pine Grove Fur. State Park:
- Trail Length < 5 Miles:
- Boat Launch:
- Boat Rentals:
- Stream Access: