June 25 to July 4, 2022
Carlisle Summerfair returns in 2022.
For more than 40 years, Carlisle Summerfair has provided a community-wide celebration featuring various free family-friendly events. Taking place at the end of June/beginning of July, this annual event includes activities such as open pool nights, concerts, a craft show, a fishing derby, sporting events, and more.
Kicking off each year with the Rotary Roast Beef Dinner, Summerfair then continues with fun for all over the course of 10 days. A few highlights for 2022 include:
- A craft show on the campus of Dickinson College (Saturday, June 25)
- Concerts by Cheap Sneakers (Saturday, June 25) and the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra (Saturday, July 3)
- Historic Carlisle Walking Tour (Monday, June 27)
- Jim Thorpe Track and Field Meet (Tuesday, June 28)
- Children's Fishing Derby at LeTort Park (Friday, July 1)
- 5k Race at Dickinson College (Saturday, July 2)
- Anything DON'T Float Derby Race at Carlisle Fairgrounds (Saturday, July 2)
While you’re visiting for Summerfair, plan a Weekend Easy getaway. There's plenty to do to keep you busy. From delicious food and delightful beverages to charming downtowns and off-the-beaten-path hiking destinations, Cumberland Valley has something for everyone.