For more than 40 years, Carlisle Summerfair has provided a community-wide celebration featuring a variety of free family-friendly events. Taking place at the end of June/beginning of July, this annual event includes activities such as open pool nights, concerts, musicals, kids crafts, an ice-cream social, and the popular Anything Floats contest.
Kicking off each year with the Rotary Roast Beef Dinner, Summerfair then continues with fun for all over the course of 10 days. A few highlights include:
- Concerts by performers such as Cheap Sneakers and the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra
- Summerfair Musical at the Carlisle Theatre
- Jim Thorpe Track and Field Meet
- Star Burst Over Carlisle Festival and Fireworks Show
- Anything Floats Race at Children's Lake
- Children's Fishing Derby at LeTort Park
- 5k/10k Race on the Rush Campus at Dickinson College
While you’re visiting for Summerfair, plan a Weekend Easy getaway. From a cooling treat along our Ice Cream Trail to a craft beverage along our Beer Trail, there's plenty to do to keep you busy.