in Cumberland Valley
Discover and explore the serene and stunning landscape of the beautiful Cumberland Valley. Outdoor opportunities include over 54,000 acres and 200 miles of trails, three state parks, two state forests, and scenic waterways. If your passion is hiking, kayaking, birding, golfing, world-class fly-fishing, biking, seeking out breathtaking views, or simply being out in the sunshine, you'll find it all and more in the Valley. It's ok to want something easy.
Cumberland Valley is home to more than 130 local parks and 3 state parks that provide residents and visitors with hundreds of miles of scenic trails. So dust off the walking shoes, enjoy the warmer spring weather,...
NOTE: The PFBC will operate under a consolidated statewide schedule for Opening Day for all counties during the 2020 trout season. Under this revised plan, a single Statewide Opening Day of trout season was...
Cumberland Valley is a beautiful natural location with abundant and easily accessible outdoor recreation opportunities. Outdoorsy travelers enjoy the wide-open spaces away from the crowds. With that in mind, here...
Start off the new year with a winter hike. The colder weather means the trails are less crowded, making it an ideal time to get outside and explore. The Friends of Pine Grove Furnace State Park recently posted these...
Roundtop Mountain Resort has been a mainstay in Central Pennsylvania for over 50 years. The reason for their continued success? Turning their traditionally winter-focused ski resort into an all-year-round experience...
In keeping with current guidelines to respond to COVID-19 in Pennsylvania, DCNR has implemented the following measures for its public lands and facilities:
State Parks and Forests
- All DCNR lands including trails, lakes, rivers, streams, forests, roads, and parking areas are accessible statewide for recreation. Restrooms are available.
- Masks are required to be worn indoors and outdoors if you are away from your home.
State Park and Forest Programs
- Outdoor, in-person programs will resume with a limit of 40 participants per program. Masks and social distancing are required.
- Virtual and self-guided programs will continue to be offered at parks and forests. All available programs will be listed on DCNR’s Calendar of Events.
- Large, DCNR-sponsored events remain canceled until further notice.
Visitor Centers, Interpretive Areas, Theaters
- State park and forest visitor centers, offices, theaters, and interpretive wings will return to an occupancy limit of 75 percent of capacity.
- Masks are required and social distancing and hand sanitizing will be encouraged.
Click here to see the latest updates.