Back To Previous
Overview

Founded in 1834, the Dickinson School of Law is the oldest law school in the state and the fifth oldest in the country. The school merged with Penn State in 1997 and continues its legacy as an innovative leader in experiential education.

Historic Marker: A marker located on S. College St. near South St. reads "Oldest law school in Pennsylvania; founded in 1834 by the Honorable John Reed, eminent jurist, and author of 'Pennsylvania Blackstone.' Andrew Curtin, Civil War Governor, was one of the earliest graduates."

CLOSE MAP
VIEW MAP