February 19 & 20, 2022
Cumberland Valley is home to some of the best auto experiences in the country, including the world-famous car shows at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, which run from April through October. During the colder winter months, auto enthusiasts can get their "racing fix" at Motorama, held inside at the nearby Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. The nation's largest all-indoor motorsports event features one million square feet of racing action. Highlights include:
- Arenacross racing: Competitors race on screened topsoil in the large arena that measures 120’ X 240’.
- Go-Kart racing: Racers from all over the east coast battle it out on the oval course, a flat concrete surface approximately 1/10 of a mile
- Quarter midget racing: Quarter midget racing is an all-time favorite for younger racers. Racers from all over the east coast spend their winter gearing up for this exciting competition to determine who the masters are in their respective classes.
- RC demolition derby: A full weekend of demo derby r/c competitions.
- RC off-road racing: This event will pull drivers from across the country to compete in one of the largest indoor 1/8 scale events in the country.
- RC scaled trials: Competitors will face 5 to 7 timed driving challenges. The challenges will include a mud pit, a rock garden, a hill climb, a frame twister, an obstacle course, and may include a truck pull, a speed run, Tank Trap, and/or a slalom course.
- RC oval racing: RC Dirt Oval is just as in-depth and exciting as its full-size counterparts. Watch 1/10 scale size sprint, modifieds and late models reach real speeds of 20-30 MPH on a 1/10th scale track.
- Robot conflict: Handmade, remote-controlled robots, weighing between 3 and 30 pounds, fight their opponents in a high-tech arena by using a variety of weapons and tactical actions.
- Car, truck, and bike show: See hundreds of the nation’s top touring show vehicles from the early 1900s to today's modern marvels; antiques, classic muscle, exotics, lead sleds, modern muscle, movie cars, rat rods, tuners and so much more.
- Speed show: There will be hundreds of authentic race cars -- from sprint cars and stock cars to drag cars and rock crawlers -- plus more than one hundred vendors with plenty of activities.
Click here to purchase your general admission tickets and to see options for VIP reserved seating in the large arena.
Things to See & Do
While you are here, explore automotive history with a trip to the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum in Hershey, where you can find interactive exhibits and displays featuring vintage vehicles from the 1890s to the 1980s. Or, stop by the Rolls Royce Museum, a hidden gem in Mechanicsburg, only a short 20-minute drive from the Farm Show Complex. Here you can take a short self-guided tour to see classic Rolls Royce and Bentley motorcars. Guests are welcome to open doors and check out the interiors in order to see and appreciate the quality craftsmanship of these vehicles. (All tours at the Rolls Royce Museum must be scheduled in advance and are by appointment only.)
A short 10-minute drive from the PA Farm Show takes you across the Susquehanna River to Wormleysburg where you can enjoy casual dining and drinks at Dockside Willies and Duke's Riverside Bar & Grille. Or hop on I-81 south and head to Valley Bistro in Enola. Open from 7 am to 2 pm, they serve breakfast all day but lunch options are available as well. Gluten-free options are available. Browse through a list of more than 250 local restaurants featuring all types of flavors and cuisines.
If you are looking for a place to stay, Cumberland Valley's numerous lodging options make it easy for you to find a hotel that fits every style and budget.