From sweet and savory to hot and spicy, downtown Carlisle restaurants offer a wide range of eclectic cuisines to please every palate. Here are some must-try menu suggestions to help you begin your culinary journey. Click here to check out a complete list of Carlisle restaurants where you can dine around the world for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
1794 The Whiskey Rebellion: Named after President George Washington's march to quell the Whiskey Rebellion, this modern but rustic steak and seafood restaurant specializes in locally-sourced foods with over 50 varieties of whiskey.
- Must Try: Colonial Chicken Pot Pie
Brick Kitchen & Bar: This modern restaurant features a seasonal menu of sandwiches, salads, small plates, and large plates.
- Must Try: Fish Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce
Fay's Country Kitchen: Step back in time and have a traditional American breakfast at this local favorite. Tip: They don't accept credit cards so bring cash.
- Must Try: The assortment of the best pancakes hands down. Mix and match and try a couple of flavors, like oat bran with peaches (inside the pancake not on top), buckwheat with blueberries, Hawaiian, pumpkin along with 20 other options
North Hanover Grille: Stop by this local favorite for burgers, sandwiches, wings, soup, salads and more. Try one of the 15 micro and import beers on tap.
- Must Try: The Dickinson Burger, featuring two 6-ounce Angus burgers, bacon, American, and Monterey Jack cheddar cheese.
Redd's Smokehouse BBQ: This southern-cooked BBQ joint has been impressing crowds since opening its doors in downtown Carlisle. You will have trouble deciding between ribs, brisket, pulled chicken, pulled pork, wings, and other delicious appetizers, sandwiches, and sides.
- Must Try: Loaded Beef Brisket Sandwich with grilled peppers, onions & pepper-jack cheese
Camellia's Sin Tea Parlor & Gift Shop: Enjoy a little taste of heaven and a sip of tea in an elegant and cozy tea parlor. Treat yourself to a traditional eight-course afternoon tea with a selection of homemade teas, petite sandwiches, soup, homemade scones and more! Tip: Reservations recommended.
- Must Try: The snowflake tea and to-die-for homemade scones
Market Cross Pub & Brewery: Serving up English meals paired with over 250 varieties of beer from all over the world. Stop by for live entertainment on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Must Try: King Fish Basket with Chips
Café Bruges: Traditional Belgian dishes and over 100 Belgian beers and ales available. Tip: Stop by for Sunday Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Must Try: Frites appetizer with homemade ketchup
Chen's Asian Restaurant: Choose from a wide variety of Chinese, Japanese and Thai dishes, including sushi. Great lunch portions and prices.
- Must Try: Crab Rangoon Appetizer
Helena's Chocolate Café & Creperie: A sweet little café with super-sized perfectly thin crepes, gourmet handmade European chocolates, homemade gelato and sorbet, and more.
- Must Try: Assortment of French Macarons (not made with coconut) or the Banana & Nutella Crepe
Miseno's Ristorante: This is a Dickinson College favorite. Stop by for yummy pizzas, salads, strombolis, calzones, sandwiches and more.
- Must Try: Bacon Ranch Chicken Bambino
Jewels of India: A recent addition to the downtown Carlisle dining experience, Jewels of India features a variety of Indian cuisine with specials highlighting different regions of India.
- Must Try: South Indian Lamb Curry
Mt Fuji: The place for sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine in Carlisle.
- Must Try: The Spicy Kain Bowl and the Snowtin Roll
Grazery: Fresh Mediterranean soups, salads, and sandwiches. Serves breakfast and lunch.
- Must Try: Chickpea Wrap paired with Orzo Salad
El Rodeo: Serves traditional Mexican cuisine, a few minutes from downtown Carlisle.
- Must Try: Fajitas Texanas with Steak, Chicken and Shrimp
Taqueria Laurita: Inexpensive and authentic Mexican cuisine including the Weekly Taco Feature.
- Must Try: Vegetarian Burrito served in a rolled flour tortilla or a fried flour tortilla bowl.
Yak N Yeti: Authentic Nepalese and Bhutanese cuisine in the heart of historic downtown Carlisle. They also have a second location in New Cumberland.
- Must Try: Nepali Fries and Noo Sha Paa
Issei Noodle: Features delicious made-to-order noodle and rice dishes.
- Must Try: Chicken Egg Donburi - Chicken sautéed in sweet onion, mirin, sake, honey, seasonal greens, soy sauce and egg over rice