Do you dread holiday shopping? Are you stressed about finding the perfect present? Cumberland Valley's shopping hotspots promise to turn your concerns into a pleasant experience that will leave you filled with holiday cheer. Here you'll find local store owners who offer warm and helpful customer service combined with an array of unique items that will make thoughtful holiday gifts.
We offer a few suggestions to get your holiday shopping off to a good start. But remember, we have more than 250 locally-owned shops, see our Shopping page for a complete list.
TIP: Be sure to check with each location for their most up-to-date hours.
For the Nature Lover
- Earth Artisan & Outfitter (37 W. Chapel Ave., Carlisle) specializes in mindfully connecting people to the planet and to each other through Earth-based fine art, photography, goods, and gear for home, garden, and trail.
For the Bird Watcher
- Wild Birds Unlimited (6391 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg) has everything you need to turn a backyard into a bird-feeding habitat.
For the Outdoor Adventurer
- TCO Outdoors (2 E. First St., Boiling Springs) is stocked with fly-fishing gear and accessories, Patagonia apparel, and hiking necessities. Their knowledgeable staff will help you make the best choice.
- Adventure Explorations (Boiling Springs) lets you plan a customized outdoor trip with expert guides who can take you fishing, hiking, cycling, climbing, and more. Purchase a gift card or surprise your loved one with a pre-planned adventure they won't forget.
For the Book Buff
- Whistlestop Bookshop (129 W. High St., Carlisle) is an independent bookstore offering the latest releases in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, children’s literature, graphic literature, and other book-related merchandise, puppets, toys, games, and puzzles.
- Cupboard Maker Books (157 N. Enola Rd., Enola) carries a large selection of gently-used hardback and paperback titles. The shop is also home to several foster cats from Castaway Critters.
For the Jewelry Lover
- Meeka Fine Jewelry (2135 Market St., Camp Hill) offers an exclusive selection of unique, custom-made jewelry designed by the owner and several artisans from across the country.
- K. Novinger Jewelry Design (1200 Market St., Lemoyne) is the perfect choice if you are looking for the “wow” factor. You can work with the owner to create a one-of-a-kind custom piece of jewelry or shop from exclusive designer jewelry lines hand-selected by the owner.
- Mountz Jewelers Camp Hill and Carlisle (3780 Trindle Rd., Camp Hill, and 1160 Walnut Bottom Rd., Carlisle) have expert designers who can craft a custom piece of jewelry your loved one will cherish forever.
- Susan's Treasures (West Shore Farmers Market, 900 Market St., Lemoyne) carries a large selection of jewelry, but be sure to check out their clothing made in Maine, home decor, bath & body items, personal accessories, handbags, and more.
For the Wine Connoisseur
- The Winery at the Long Shot Farm (1925 McClures Gap Rd., Carlisle) offers more than ten wines, all made from grapes grown, processed, and bottled on-site.
- Castlerigg Wine Shop (110 S. Hanover St., Carlisle) features exclusive wines from a rotating selection of Pennsylvania wineries. They also sell a great selection of wine-related merchandise.
- Totem Pole Ranch & Winery (940 Cranes Gap Rd., Carlisle) offers 10 varieties of reds, whites, and fruits -- ranging from dry to sweet -- with grapes grown on-site. Their tasting room is located in downtown Mechanicsburg.
For the Chocolate Lover
- Exquisite Chocolates of Carlisle (35 S. Hanover St., Carlisle) sells some of the finest artisan chocolates from around the world, including Neuhaus, Moonstruck Chocolate Co., and John Kelly Chocolates.
- Macris Chocolates (1200 Market St., Lemoyne) features more than 100 varieties, including a signature Croquette -- a buttercream coated in chocolate and rolled in nuts.
Read more about all of Cumberland Valley's chocolate stores.
For the Art Aficionado
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center (38 W. Pomfret St., Carlisle) features a small sales gallery with unique hand-crafted items and fine art by local artists.
- Brain Vessel, The Gallery (4702-4704 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg) sells an eclectic selection of investable art and unique gifts, including hand-crafted playing cards, playing card holders, and dice, plus wall art, jewelry, sculpture, and more. Their Teafinery section features premium hand-blended and organic teas, raw cane, beet sugars, local central PA honey, infusions, and tea accessories crafted by local artisans.
- The Cumberland Shop (16 W. King St., Shippensburg) promotes and sells the creative work of artisans with ties to Cumberland Valley.
- Tickle My Senses (315 Bridge St., New Cumberland) offers one-of-a-kind ceramics, glass, wood, metals, and more unique pieces.
Read more about Fine Arts & Crafts in Cumberland Valley.
For the Fashionista
- The ClothesVine (134 W. High St., Carlisle) offers the latest in trendy clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories.
- Miss Ruth’s Time Bomb (24 N. Hanover St., Carlisle) is an eclectic shop selling vintage women’s clothing, accessories, and jewelry with fun and funky retro designs.
- Little Black Dress (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) carries sophisticated and understated women's clothing from fashion-forward designer lines. (TIP: Little Black Dress is next to One Good Woman -- see for the Coffee Addict below)
For the Dog Lover
- Doggie Delights (West Shore Farmer’s Market, 1200 Market St., Lemoyne) makes homemade and all-natural specialty dog treats sure to delight your favorite four-legged companions.
For the Decorator
- Olde Susquehanna House (162 York Rd., Carlisle) is a country home furnishings gift shop in business since 1984. They also carry a large selection of Vera Bradley.
- Live in Color (1802 Market St., Camp Hill): Refinished furniture, wreaths, floral arrangements, signs, quilt runners, and more.
- 32nd Street Mercantile (515 S. 32nd St., Camp Hill) sells creative home decor, gifts, and antiques, from classic farmhouse to rustic, cozy country and everything in between.
For the Gardener
- Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses (906 W. Grantham Rd., Mechanicsburg) offers gardening gifts and supplies, flowers, plants, and a delightful selection of seasonal goods.
For the Coffee Addict
- One Good Woman (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) features fresh specialty coffees roasted in small batches, including regular, decaf, and flavored varieties. Shop by region or by the roast. They also feature a nice selection of coffee-related merchandise.
For the Antique Enthusiast
- The Antique Marketplace of Lemoyne (415 Bosler Ave., Lemoyne) features 32,000 square feet with pre-1973 antiques from more than 250 dealers.
- Carlisle Antique Mall (164 N. Hanover St., Carlisle) is housed in a restored 1920s-era building that recreates the feeling of a vintage department store.
For the Foodie
- The Kitchen Shoppe (101 Shady Ln., Carlisle) is a gourmet superstore with over 20,000 fun and practical gifts for the foodie in your life.
For the Craft Beer Lover
- Scotzin Brothers Beer & Winemakers Paradise (65C N. Fifth St., Lemoyne) sells all the supplies, products, and accessories that homebrewers (and winemakers) need.
Or support local breweries and purchase a gift certificate to one of more than 25 locations along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
For the Kids
- Snazzy Giraffe (6415 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg) offers toys, books, plush animals, and exclusive clothing for babies and children (sizes up to 6X).
- Create-a-Palooza (11 E. High St., Carlisle) sells a huge variety of unpainted ceramic figurines, ornaments, mugs, plates, and bowls, as well as Art Camp in a Box for crafty kids.
- Georgie Lou's Retro Candy (56 W. High St., Carlisle) sells a fabulous candy selection of candy, including Harry Potter sweets, gourmet candy, bagged bulk candy, jelly beans, and more. Ideal for stocking stuffers.
- Jubilee Cake Studio (105 Gateway Dr., Mechanicsburg) is the only Decorate-It-Yourself Cake studio in Pennsylvania. Pick your canvas, grab your toppings, and decorate!
For the Tea Lover
- The Rosemary House (120 S. Market St., Mechanicsburg) is one of the oldest herb shops in America and sells a variety of herbs, teas, and gifts.
- One Good Woman (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) has more than 125 different kinds of loose teas. (Also, see For the Coffee Lover -- above)
- Brain Vessel, The Gallery (Also, see For the Art Aficionado -- above).
For the Historian
- Civil War and More (10 S. Market St., Mechanicsburg) is filled to the brim with books, collectibles, music, and more related to this prominent period in American history.
- History on High (33 W. High St., Carlisle) is the gift shop for the Cumberland County Historical Society and sells a huge array of published materials about the county’s history (as well as a wonderful variety of products from local artists). History on High is also home to the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center, where you pick up brochures and maps about things to see and do in Cumberland Valley.
For the Fitness Buff
- Holmes Cycling & Fitness (2139 Market St., Camp Hill) has a great selection of bicycles, bicycle accessories, and fitness equipment, such as indoor rowers, stationary bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainers, free weights, and more.
For the Music Lover
- RecordSmith (16 N. Market St., Mechanicsburg) focuses on vinyl records in many genres (pop & rock, blues, jazz, country, and more) and also sells CDs.
For the Metaphysical Practitioner
- Carlisle Creative Vibes (152 N. Hanover St., Carlisle) features artwork from an eclectic group of 30+ local artisans and creators, a holistic healing room, and a metaphysical showroom where you can shop for witchcraft items, jewelry, food, clothing, candles, and more.
- Every Witch Way (230 N. Baltimore Ave., Mt. Holly Springs) is an eclectic, all-inclusive, New Age/metaphysical store featuring crystals, incense, clothing, plants, and products from local artisans.
Give the Magic of Memories
For those “hard-to-buy” friends and relatives, consider the idea of gifting experiences through the purchase of gift cards or tickets to events and give your loved ones the opportunity to create their own unique adventure. Whether it’s a relaxing spa day, a fun family day, a weekend getaway, or a car show extravaganza, a gift card to a local Cumberland Valley business will allow the recipient to indulge in something truly special. Here are a few suggestions.
Kids of all ages love the year-round opportunities for fun at this indoor and outdoor interactive entertainment complex. Currently, they are offering a special sale on gift cards: $50 for $45, $100 for $85, and $120 for $100. Don’t miss this limited-time offer.
Auto enthusiasts will appreciate single-day or multi-day event passes or 2024 season passes from Carlisle Events. Now through January 2, 2024, receive a 20% discount.
Each B&B in the Cumberland Valley offers at least one truly unique quality that can’t be found at any other lodging in the region. Give the gift of a getaway and the recipient will be pampered with personal touches, delicious breakfasts, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality during their stay.
LoveBucks are downtown Carlisle’s universal gift certificate and can be purchased in denominations of $5 or $10 from the Downtown Carlisle Association and several other locations in town. Recipients can spend the day exploring downtown Carlisle and use this gift at more than 50 participating shops and restaurants. Click here to find out how to purchase them and see a list of participating merchants.
Everyone needs a little bit of pampering every now and then. From massages and body treatments to hair care and manicures, a gift card to a spa or salon promises to leave the recipient feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.