Do you dread holiday shopping? Are you stressed about finding the perfect present? Cumberland Valley's shopping hotspots promise to turn your concerns into a pleasant experience that will leave you filled with holiday cheer. Here you'll find local store owners who offer warm and helpful customer service combined with an array of unique items that will make thoughtful holiday gifts.
To get your holiday shopping off to a good start, here are suggestions. But remember, we have more than 250 locally-owned shops, see our Shopping page for a complete list.
Be sure to check with each location for their most up-to-date hours. Masks are required and social distancing is still in effect. Many stores provide online ordering and curbside pickup. Click here to read the latest about the state's strengthened masking order, effective 11/20/20.
You might even win a prize from us just for shopping local. Share your shopping excursion on our Facebook page or use #CVShopSmall on Instagram for a chance to win a Cumberland Valley restaurant gift card. Click here for more details. Contest runs from November 23, 2020 to December 18, 2020.
For the Nature Lover
- Earth Artisan & Outfitter (37 W. Chapel Ave., Carlisle) specializes in mindfully connecting people to the planet and to each other through Earth-based fine art, photography, goods, and gear for home, garden, and trail.
For the Bird Watcher
- Wild Birds Unlimited (6391 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg) has everything you need to turn a backyard into a bird-feeding habitat.
For the Outdoor Adventurer
- TCO Outdoors (2 E. First St., Boiling Springs) is stocked with fly-fishing gear and accessories, Patagonia apparel, and hiking necessities. And, they have knowledgeable staff on hand helping you to make the best choice.
- Adventure Explorations (Boiling Springs) lets you plan a customized outdoor trip with expert guides who can take you fishing, hiking, cycling, climbing, and more. Purchase a gift card or surprise your loved one with a pre-planned adventure they won't forget.
For the Book Buff
- Whistlestop Bookshop (129 W. High St., Carlisle) is an independent bookstore offering the latest releases in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, children’s literature, and graphic literature, plus other book-related merchandise, puppets, toys, games, and puzzles.
- Cupboard Maker Books (157 N. Enola Rd., Enola) carries a large selection of gently-used hardback and paperback titles. The shop is also home to a number of foster cats from Castaway Critters.
For the Jewelry Lover
- Meeka Fine Jewelry (2135 Market St., Camp Hill) offers an exclusive selection of unique, custom-made jewelry designed by the owner and several artisans from across the country.
- K. Novinger Jewelry Design (1200 Market St., Lemoyne) is the perfect choice if you are looking for the “wow” factor. You can work with the owner to create a one-of-a-kind custom piece of jewelry or shop from an exclusive designer jewelry lines hand-selected by the owner.
- Mountz Jewelers Camp Hill and Carlisle (3780 Trindle Rd., Camp Hill, and 1160 Walnut Bottom Rd., Carlisle) have expert designers who can craft a custom piece of jewelry your loved one will cherish forever.
- Susan's Treasures (West Shore Farmers Market, 900 Market St., Lemoyne) carries large selection of jewelry but be sure to check out their clothing made in Maine, home decor, bath & body items, personal accessories, handbags, and more.
For the Wine Connoisseur
- The Winery at the Long Shot Farm (1925 McClures Gap Rd., Carlisle) offers more than 10 wines, all made from grapes grown, processed, and bottled on-site.
- Castlerigg Wine Shop (110 S. Hanover St., Carlisle) features exclusive wines from a rotating selection of Pennsylvania wineries. They also sell a great selection of wine-related merchandise.
For the Chocolate Lover
- Exquisite Chocolates of Carlisle (35 S. Hanover St., Carlisle) sells some of the finest artisan chocolates from around the world including Neuhaus, Moonstruck Chocolate Co., and John Kelly Chocolates.
- Cocoa Creek Chocolates (18 S. 18th St., Camp Hill) offers incredibly delicious micro-batch chocolate truffles and chocolate bars that create a perfect storm of flavor and texture.
Read more about all of Cumberland Valley's chocolate stores.
For the Art Aficionado
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center (38 W. Pomfret St., Carlisle) features a small sales gallery with unique hand-crafted items and fine art by local artists.
- Brain Vessel, The Gallery (4702-4704 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg) sells an eclectic selection of investable art and unique gifts including hand-crafted playing cards, playing card holders, and dice, plus wall art, jewelry, sculpture, and more. Their Teafinery section features premium hand-blended and organic teas, raw cane, beet sugars, local central PA honey, and infusions, plus tea accessories crafted by local artisans.
Read more about Fine Arts & Crafts in Cumberland Valley.
For the Fashionista
- The ClothesVine (134 W. High St., Carlisle) offers the latest in trendy clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories.
- Miss Ruth’s Time Bomb (24 N. Hanover St., Carlisle) is an eclectic shop selling vintage women’s clothing, accessories, and jewelry with fun and funky retro designs.
- Little Black Dress (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) carries sophisticated and understated women's clothing from fashion-forward designer lines. (TIP: Little Black Dress is next to One Good Woman -- see for the Coffee Addict, below)
For the Dog Lover
- Doggie Delights (West Shore Farmer’s Market, 1200 Market St., Lemoyne) makes homemade and all-natural specialty dog treats sure to delight your favorite four-legged companions.
For the Decorator
- Feathers in the Nest (61 W. Chapel Ave., Carlisle) offers a constantly-changing selection of vintage décor including upcycled furniture. (TIP: Feathers in the Nest is located next to Earth Artisan & Outfitter – see For the Nature Lover, above)
- Olde Susquehanna House (162 York Rd., Carlisle) is a country home furnishings gift shop n business since 1984. They also carry a large selection of Vera Bradley.
For the Gardener
- Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses (906 W. Grantham Rd., Mechanicsburg) offers gardening gifts and supplies, flowers, plants, and a delightful selection of seasonal goods.
For the Coffee Addict
- One Good Woman (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) features fresh specialty coffees roasted in small batches including regular, decaf, and flavored varieties. Shop by region or by roast. They also feature a nice selection of coffee-related merchandise.
For the Antique Enthusiast
- The Antique Marketplace of Lemoyne (415 Bosler Ave., Lemoyne) features 32,000-square-feet with pre-1955 antiques from more than 170 dealers.
- Carlisle Antique Mall (164 N. Hanover St., Carlisle) is housed in a recently-restored, 1920’s-era building that recreates the feeling of a vintage department store.
For the Foodie
- The Kitchen Shoppe (101 Shady Ln., Carlisle) is a gourmet superstore with over 20,000 fun and practical gifts for the foodie in your life.
For the Craft Beer Lover
- Scotzin Brothers Beer & Winemakers Paradise (65C N. Fifth St., Lemoyne) sells all the supplies, products, and accessories that homebrewers (and winemakers) need.
Or support local breweries and purchase a gift certificate to one of 30 locations along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
For the Kids
- Snazzy Giraffe (104 Walden Way, Mechanicsburg) offers toys, books, plush animals, and exclusive clothing for baby and child (sizes up to 6X).
- Create-a-Palooza (11 E. High St., Carlisle) sells a huge variety of unpainted ceramic figurines, ornaments, mugs, plates, and bowls as well as Art Camp in a Box for crafty kids.
- Georgie Lou's Retro Candy (56 W. High St., Carlisle) storefront is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 but you can still order their fabulous candy selection online, including Harry Potter sweets, gourmet candy, bagged bulk candy, jelly beans, and more. Ideal for stocking stuffers.
For the Tea Lover
- The Rosemary House (120 S. Market St., Mechanicsburg) is one of the oldest herb shops in America and sells a variety of herbs, teas, and gifts.
- One Good Woman (1801 Market St., Camp Hill) has more than 125 different kinds of loose teas. (Also, see For the Coffee Lover -- above)
- Brain Vessel, The Gallery (see For the Art Aficionado -- above).
For the Historian
- Civil War and More (10 S. Market St., Mechanicsburg) is filled to the brim with books, collectibles, music, and more related to this prominent period in American history.
- History on High (33 W. High St., Carlisle) is the gift shop for the Cumberland County Historical Society and sells a huge array of published materials about the county’s history (as well as a wonderful variety of products from local artists). History on High is also home to the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center, where you pick up brochures and maps about things to see and do in Cumberland Valley.
For the Health Enthusiast
- The Healthy Grocer (3800 Trindle Rd., Camp Hill) has an extensive selection of organic and natural foods, nutritional and herbal supplements, homeopathic remedies, and health-related general merchandise. It’s the ideal location for those following gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian lifestyles, or other specialized/restricted diets.
- The Inner Connection (300 Bridge St., New Cumberland) carries a selection of spiritual healing products including aromatherapy, incense, candles, crystals, CBD items, jewelry, and self-help materials.
For the Fitness Buff
- Holmes Cycling & Fitness (2139 Market St., Camp Hill) has a great selection of bicycles, bicycle accessories, and fitness equipment such as indoor rowers, stationary bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainers, free weights, and more.
For the Music Lover
- RecordSmith (16 N. Market St., Mechanicsburg) focuses on vinyl records in many genres (pop & rock, blues, jazz, country, and more) and also sells CDs.
For the Sewing/Knitting Enthusiast
- ShippenStitch (45 W. King St., Shippensburg) has a large inventory of quality merchandise for those interested in sewing and quilting (with a touch of items for needlework).
- String Theory Yarn Shop (829 State St., Lemoyne) is the local source for the latest and greatest in fabulous yarns, needles, and accessories.